People nowadays are starting to wake up and have awareness to care for the environment by living sustainably. Some are even taking their baby steps to live a zero-waste lifestyle which means learning to refuse single-used plastics. National Geographic conducted a research and found out that the average American generates a total of 1,500 pounds of trash every year. Making a huge change in your lifestyle may never be easy but every step you will be taking will lead you to the right direction. Luckily, there are many products nowadays that promote sustainability. These products provide a big help to the people who love to live sustainably and are plastic-free which creates a huge impact for the planet too. Here are the great eco-friendly products that are sustainable and budget-wise.
- Reusable Eco bags or Shopping bags – almost all of the stores nowadays use eco bags that are reusable. Some of it is for free, some are not. So why not give your friend or loved ones a reusable shopping bag to lessen the hassle of paying for it and also this promotes to refuse the use of single-use plastics. Tote bags or mesh bags are best for this which can be bought for a budget-friendly price.
- Eco-friendly cleaning products – cleaning products contain chemicals that can harm in the long run. Give these eco-friendly and natural cleaning products to not only help them but also save the environment. Choose the dish-washing soap block instead of that in the plastic containers. You can also make your own laundry detergent and just place it in a jar.
- Collapsible cups – it is super easy to use plastic cups nowadays because not only it’s convenient but also it’s cheaper but not sustainable. To live sustainably, learn to refuse it and choose this cup that can be your coffee cup or just a container of your milk tea. This cup is collapsible meaning you can collapse it into a smaller size to make it fit into your bag
- Reusable stainless straws – plastic straws are the main reasons for the death of our marine animals. They mistakenly eat plastic straw that will block their airways and cause death. This stainless straw will help you refuse in using plastic straw while at the same time enjoying your drinks.
- Reusable silicon zip-close and mesh produce bags – generally we use single-used plastic as a container of the fruits and vegetables we bought from the market but to make the marketing more sustainable, use this reusable silicon and mesh produce bags that will definitely be used again and again. Silicon and mesh bags are food safe types of materials.
- Compost scrap container – We learn to segregate our trash when we are in our Elementary days but do we really take it seriously? Okay to help you, let us apply this in our daily lives. Learn to separate the biodegradable from non-biodegradable and from recyclable. Also learn to make your own compost by placing the scraps from the container. Compost soil is best for your garden plants.
- Reusable cleaning towels – paper towels are wasteful especially in a kitchen where frying is the specialty. Paper towels are made from trees. . Eliminate that guilt-feeling while using this buy choosing to use the reusable cleaning towels. Yes, it is quite a hassle to wash it all over again but remember trees are living things too meaning they can be gone.
- Menstrual cups and reusable cloth pads – menstrual pads are made of plastics and emits harmful chemicals if not taken off after 6 hours. Menstrual cups and reusable cloth pads are best if you want to avoid the plastic pads from your garbage bin.
- Biodegradable garbage bags – People find convenience in using plastic in the kitchen that will take thousands of years for decomposition. Giving a box of these biodegradable garbage bags doesn’t seem that expensive but it will really make a difference in the environment.
- Glass mason jars – reuse your mason jars by making this as the container of your home-canned food, vegetable salads, herbs, coffee, leftover foods, cookies and many more. You will never be needing single-used plastic again, just learn how to reuse things and you’ll be surprised what magic it can make.
- Cloth diapers – diapers are made of plastics we all know that but don’t worry this cloth diapers are made of cloth and are more absorbent that the normal diapers and are safer for your baby to use.
- Reusable water bottle – Plastic bottles are the end products of buying drinking water in any store. And some of them are just thrown anywhere
- Collapsible lunch boxes – replace those plastic lunch boxes with these collapsible silicone lunch boxes that are convenient to bring and also a sustainable to use.
- Solar-powered charger – charge any of your gadgets while saving electrical energy with the use of this solar-powered charger that is best outdoors or any of your travels.
- Hair and Body Bars – Shampoo that we are using comes with a plastic container that is disposed of afterwards. With the use of this shampoo and body bar, you can now
- Bee’s Wrap Food Wraps – Plastic food wraps are widely used in any kitchen so to be able to refuse using plastic choose this bee’s wrap that is eco-friendly and made from organic-cotton. These food wraps are washable and reusable for up to a year. Sustainable it is.
- Collapsible utensils – Fast food provides free utensils and those are plastic spoon and fork. Ditch those plastic utensils with these collapsible cutleries that are super convenient to bring for they can be collapsed and also you will never be anxious to use them because they are your own utensils.
- Bamboo toothbrush and toothy tabs – the toothbrushes that we purchased are disposable and will never be recycled. Toothpaste comes in a plastic container that is also disposable. Forget those disposables and switch to bamboo toothbrushes that are reusable and biodegradable. Toothy tabs are placed in tin cans or a card box. You can recycle the tin cans and card box and are biodegradable.
Holiday gift-giving is the perfect time for inspiring your loved ones to live sustainably. Giving them these eco-friendly products feels good because you know you are helping them to make a difference and changes. Taking baby steps is better than not taking a step at all. The smallest changes provide the biggest impact which creates a ripple effect of other changes in your life positively. Mother Earth provides us all the things we need in life and thus we should reciprocate the favor. There is no Planet B, remember that. Taking care of the environment doesn’t need to be that pricey, you just need to be resourceful and innovative enough to find alternatives. Furthermore, let us ask you this, “If you won’t start now, then when”?